- This event has passed.
Dr. Marty Klein – Real Sex in a Virtual World: Enhancing Communication, Pleasure & Satisfaction
Saturday, September 10th
6:30-7pm Cocktails, 7-8:00pm Class
Velvet Box off W7, 2917 Morton Street
- Gift Bags
- Location Off W7, 2917 Morton Street +Google Link
$10 PER PERSON, SIGN UP FOR INDIVIDUAL HERE.
$30 FOR PROFESSIONALS SEEKING CE CREDITS, SIGN UP FOR PROFESSIONALS HERE.
**CE credits for LMFT, LPC, and LCSW
NO REFUNDS IF YOU DO NOT SHOW UP TO CLASS.
Practical advice from over 35,000 sessions of sex therapy and couples counseling!
This class will examine:
- Why sexual “function” is not what we should focus on. Erections, lubrication, and orgasm don’t predict sexual or relationship satisfaction.
- Why orgasm is an overrated part of sex. They’re great, of course, but they can’t make up for what’s missing in the rest of sex.
- How to watch porn and have good partner sex; how to deal with your partner’s porn use. Everyone who watches porn needs Porn Literacy. So do you if your partner watches porn.
- Mars? Venus? Sexually, men and women are more similar than different. Let’s talk about what everyone wants from sex, and how both men and women prevent ourselves from getting it.
- What has the internet not changed about sex–and why it matters. Including a few surprises about the one thing that has changed sex for a lot of people.
- What does predict sexual satisfaction? How can we make sex more enjoyable?
After attending this class participants will be able to:
- Learn how male and female sexuality are more similar than different.
Dr. Marty Klein has been a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist and Certified Sex Therapist for 31 years. Marty pursues his goal of a sexually enlightened world through therapy, lectures, writing, lobbying, media, and forensic (courtroom) work.
Marty has authored over 100 articles in publications such as Parents, New Woman, and Playboy, as well as San Francisco Medicine, the California Therapist, and the Journal of Homosexuality. He is a former contributing editor to The New Physician, American Baby, and Modern Bride, and he is quoted every year in dozens of national publications and websites, such as The New Yorker and Huffington Post. His books have been acclaimed by everyone from USA Today and The California Therapist to Penn & Teller and the Playboy Advisor. A popular guest on the electronic media, Marty has been featured on radio in over 100 cities, and on national TV programs like 20/20 and Nightline. His blog is widely quoted, and his electronic newsletter, Sexual Intelligence, goes to 5,000 subscribers every month.
Marty’s accomplishments are also recognized abroad: he has trained professionals in two dozen countries, including China, Turkey, India, Israel, Morocco, Croatia, and Russia. He has been given honorary membership in a variety of international professional associations. Marty fights for the sexual rights of all Americans through his legal and courtroom work. He has been an expert witness, consultant, or invited plaintiff in many state and federal censorship, internet, and obscenity cases.
Get to know a little bit more about Marty Klein by checking out these videos!