We all love a good beach read, and if you’re headed that way this Memorial Day weekend, (or any weekend for that matter!) erotic reads can help you to get excited about time alone with your partner at night. So, cover up with sunscreen and hunker down in the sand, and get ready to feast your eyes (or ears) on some summer lovin’ reads.
From fantasy reads to audio erotica to spicy stories – they are out there! Here we’ve found some of the top resources on how to find what you want and the platform that works best for you. Thanks to Melissa Urban and InsideHook for these recs and synopses!
Kindle Erotica: Amazon’s Kindle (or any e-reader) allows you to search by any topic or genre you desire. Vampire Lust, Forbidden Love, Affairs Abroad, LGBTQ+, Paranormal, Victorian, BDSM – you name it, they have it. They also allow you to download a sample first, which saves time and money, AND you can highlight and bookmark your favorite steamy parts to come back to later (aka – “Hey, Honey. Come read this and let me know what you think!”). Thank you, technology.
But if you’re someone who would rather have some recommendations rather than sort through the plethora of options out there, here are some of the most recommended erotic reads available for both discreet Kindle reading or paperback:
- Follow Me Darkly by Helen Hardt. “Think Fifty Shades but less like it was written by a teenage boy. Assistant meets billionaire, you know what happens next.”
- The Club by A.L. Brooks. “Women of all types meet at The Club for anonymous (and hot) no-strings-attached action. Reviewers call it ‘beautifully unique’; and spicy with substance.”
- Night Shift by Joanna Angel. “Remember those ‘choose your own adventure’ books from your childhood? It’s like that, but with butt plugs.”
- Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Mass. “A fantasy erotica series: The age-old tale of girl meets evil beast, except beast is actually kinda hot. (With 44,000 nearly 5-star reviews…)”
- The Idea of You, by Robinne Lee. “Middle-aged mom meets thoughtful (young) sex god… but this one appears to have a depth missing from other erotica.”
For those podcasts-lovers out there – maybe you want to try listening to something a lil’ spicy rather than reading it. Erotica podcasts are super discreet; just pop in headphones and no one but you will know what you’re listening to. Win-win!
Here are a few top recommendations for the steamiest podcasts and audio erotica out there:
- Kiss Me Quick by Rose Caraway. The #1 Erotica show on iTunes and Spotify, Kiss Me Quick features Caraway as she “freely celebrates all things erotica with her wonderful husband and Lurid Listeners, and is fondly known as ‘The Sexy Librarian’”.
- Fangasm by Allie LeFevere, Lyndsay Rush, & Danny Chapman. This comedy pop-culture erotica podcast “features your favorite TV, book, and movie characters as they find themselves outside of their storylines and sometimes… inside of each other. Think: Harry Potter, Marvel, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, The Office, Stranger Things, Parks and Recreation, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and more.”
- We Gotta Thing by Mr. and Mrs. Jones. Into swinging or simply just fantasize about it? We Gotta Thing is for you. “Whether you swing yourself, are curious about it or just love a good story about sex outside the confines of a traditional monogamous relationship, Mr. and Mrs. Jones offer a provocative glimpse into the steamy sex life of swingers.”
- Dipsea: “It’s hard to talk about audio-based erotic entertainment without bringing up Dipsea, a female-founded platform that’s home to sexy stories meant to be listened to. It’s basically Audible, but for sex. Dipsea features a wide variety of sexy stories you can browse based on your gender identity, sexuality and even your current mood and surroundings.”
Whether you’re a page-turner or a discrete listener, erotica can help you get into the mood and focus on those moments of romance and excitement with your partner when the time is right. And once your libido is pumping, here are some products to reach for to keep the good vibes flowing:
Wicked Toy Breeze
Cool off any hot rendezvous with a dollop of Wicked Toy Breeze cooling lubricant. Wicked Toy Breeze is a thick, gel, water-based lubricant that uses peppermint oil to create a refreshing sensation for your “down there.” The thick gel consistency allows you to place the lubricant exactly where you want it to go (without the runny mess your typical lubricant can make.) Although this lubricant is great to use with toys, it is perfect for all kinds of sex. So get creative, and cool off with Wicked Toy Breeze.
Want to try something with a little more power? Try the On Ice clitoral stimulation Gel. On Ice provides the perfect combination of cooling and buzzing stimulation. Just apply a pea-size amount of this powerful gel to the clitoris and within seconds you will begin to feel the intense combination. Powered by peppermint oil and a proprietary blend of natural ingredients, On Ice is truly unique. Combine On Ice with Wicked Toy Breeze to turn your hot spot into an icebox!
Blow Me Electric Mint
In this heat, even some hot, wet head sounds uncomfortable. Cool off with Blow Me, Electric Mint. Like with the Wicked Toy Breeze and On Ice, this delicious oral sex stimulant is perfect for adding a little something extra to your oral sex game. Just drizzle a little of this cool, tingling topical gel to the thing anywhere you like to be licked and kissed for a little extra zing to the thing if you know what we mean.
Icicles No. 88
The perfect summertime sex toy. The Icicles No. 88 has it all. First, it’s beautifully designed to stimulate the G-spot – with a curved head, and smooth ridges running along the shaft. Secondly, it has a great suction cup. Perfect for playing in the shower, or making the toy harness compatible. Lastly, its glass and glass can retain temperature. Try placing the Icicles No. 88 in a bowl of ice water for a few minutes before use for a chillingly erotic experience.
Melt for a totally different reason with the We-Vibe Melt air pleasure clitoral toy. The We-Vibe Melt uses pulses of air to gently caress the clitoris in a totally new way. Simply place the open face of the nozzle over the clitoris, for an airtight seal and hold on. Air pleasure toys have a reputation for providing fast and intense orgasms, and continued use of air pleasure toys actually makes the clitoris more sensitive. Win-win in our opinion!
Companion Panty Vibe
Heat up your summer night out with the Clandestine Companion panty vibe. This powerful clitoral bullet attaches to your favorite pair of panties with a very strong magnet. Then you or your partner can wear a discreet watch-like remote control to conveniently pleasure yourself anywhere. It’s the perfect Companion to heat up those summer date nights with.
It’s wouldn’t be Anal Health and Awareness Month if we didn’t talk about plugs! The Stardust Glam glass butt plug is beautiful, fun, and perfect for beginners. Like with the other Icicles toys, this glass butt plug can also be placed in ice water for a surprisingly cool and pleasurable experience. Perfect for those who are looking to add a little glitz and glam to their “chill” time.
Air Pleasure toys are not just for clitorises anymore. The Arcwave Ion is the world’s first Air Pleasure toy for the penis. The Ion uses powerful pulses of air to stimulate the frenulum. The frenulum is the most sensitive part of the penis – the area on the underside of the penis where the shaft meets the head. The Arcwave Ion stimulates this area to provide an orgasm unlike any orgasm before. Experts say that the Ion provides the closest thing to a female orgasm a man can experience.
Have questions? Come in and see us! Everyone deserves great sex, and Velvet Box is proud to help you.